We hope you consider giving the gift of language and support Less Commonly Taught Language (LCTL) learning through the Language Program Office (LPO). Founded in 2020, the LPO strives to engage with, support, and foster further development of LCTLs through teaching, learning, and research both at UW and beyond. Donation funds will go towards student scholarships and LPO programming enhancements (e.g., additional tutors, cultural workshops, teaching materials, course development, etc.).
Donations are tax-deductible and can be made at any amount through the University of Wisconsin Foundation, the official fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Each year, the UW Foundation transfers gift and investment income to departments within UW-Madison. When you make a donation through the UW Foundation, you are contributing to an endowment which ensures the financial stability of the LPO and its administered programs:
- Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI)
- Regional Flagship Language Initiatives (RFLI)
- Project Global Officer at UW-Madison (Project GO)
- American Institute for Pakistan Studies (AIPS)
You can currently make a donation one of two ways:
- Online: Donate via our secure fund link on the UW Foundation’s website at Language Program Office Fund – 112500024
- By Mail: Send the funds in by check to the “lock box” and include “International Division Language Programs Office Fund” as the fund destination on the check or with a note attached to it:
- Make check payable to: UW Foundation
- Memo or note: new International Division LPO Fund
- Mail to: UW Foundation, US Bank Lockbox 78807, Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807
If you choose to have your gift go towards a specific LPO administered program or WISLI language institute (ie. CESSI, MEDLI, MULTI, NORD, SASLI, SIPI), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of your desire.
We are grateful for your generosity and support of our language programming!